AnimAlarm – 1 Year Limited Warranty
Animaware Ltd provides a 30-Day Return Window (see Return of Non-Defective Products below) and the following limited warranty. This limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser.
Please note that any warranty services or questions must be accompanied by the order number from the transaction through which the warranted product was purchased. The order number serves as your warranty number and must be retained. Animaware Ltd will offer no warranty service without this number.
Animaware Ltd warrants this product and its parts against defects in materials or workmanship for one year from the original ship date. During this period, Animaware Ltd will repair or replace defective parts with new or reconditioned parts at Animaware Ltd’s option, without charge to you.
Shipping fees incurred from returns for under-warranty service in the first 30-days will be paid by Animaware Ltd. All shipping fees both to and from Animaware Ltd following this 30-day period must be paid by the customer. All returns, both during and following the 30-day period, must be effected via the Procedures for Obtaining Warranty Service described below.
All original parts (parts installed by Animaware Ltd at the original system build) replaced by Animaware Ltd or its authorized service center, become the property of Animaware Ltd. Any after-market additions or modifications will not be warranted. The AnimAlarm owner is responsible for the payment, at current rates, for any service or repair outside the scope of this limited warranty.
Animaware Ltd makes no other warranty, either express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or conformity to any representation or description, with respect to this device other than as set forth below. Animaware Ltd makes no warranty or representation, either express or implied, with respect to any other manufacturer’s product or documentation, its quality, performance, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or conformity to any representation or description.
Except as provided below, Animaware Ltd is not liable for any loss, cost, expense, inconvenience or damage that may result from use or inability to use the AnimAlarm. Under no circumstances shall Animaware Ltd be liable for any loss, cost, expense, inconvenience or damage exceeding the purchase price of the AnimAlarm.
The warranty and remedies set forth below are exclusive and in lieu of all others, oral or written, expressed or implied. No reseller, agent or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension or addition to this warranty.
The above Limited Warranty is subject to the following conditions:
- This warranty extends only to products distributed and/or sold by Animaware Ltd
- This warranty covers only normal use of the AnimAlarm. Animaware Ltd shall not be liable under this warranty if any damage or defect results from (i) misuse, abuse, neglect, improper shipping or installation; (ii) disasters such as fire, flood, lightning or improper electric current; or (iii) service or alteration by anyone other than an authorized Animaware Ltd representative; (iv) damages incurred through irresponsible use, including those resulting from other non-recommended practices.
- You must retain your bill of sale or other proof of purchase to receive warranty service.
- No warranty extension will be granted for any replacement part(s) furnished to the purchaser in fulfillment of this warranty.
- 30 day Return Window does not include shipping and handling fees.
Return of Non-Defective Products
A non-defective product may be returned to Animaware Ltd within 30 days of the invoice date for a refund of the original purchase price with the following amendments/fees:
- Animaware Ltd will refund neither the original shipping cost nor the shipping and handling fees incurred from the products return.
- No refund will be granted for software which has been opened or tampered with in any way which jeopardized Animaware Ltd’s ability to remarket or resell the product. Animaware Ltd maintains full discretion in decisions regarding a product’s fitness for return.
- Any non-defective returns are subject to a 15% restocking fee, which percentage is taken from the final purchase price less any shipping or handling charges.
Quantity purchases of five units or more are not eligible for return. To return a defective product, please contact our Customer Service Department for a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number and follow the Return of Products Instructions below. The RMA is valid for 30 days from date of issuance. Returns will not be accepted without an RMA. Manufacturer restrictions do apply.
Procedures for Obtaining Warranty Service
RMA (Returning Merchandise Authorization) Policy:
If repairs are required, the customer must obtain a RMA number and provide proof of purchase. RMA and services are rendered by Animaware Ltd only. Any shipping costs after 30 days (starting from the original date of purchase) on any item returned for repair are the customer’s responsibility. All returned parts must have a RMA number written clearly on the outside of the package along with a letter detailing the problems and a copy of the original proof of purchase. No COD packages will be accepted. No package will be accepted without a RMA number written on the outside of the package. RMA numbers are only valid for 30 days from the date of issue.
Should you have any problems with your AnimAlarm, please follow these procedures to obtain the service:
1. If the AnimAlarm must be repaired, a RMA number will be issued for shipment to our repair department. Please follow the instructions given by Animaware Ltd technical support staff to ship your device. Animaware Ltd will not accept any shipments without a RMA number. Please contact us at email@example.com to obtain an RMA.
2. Pack the AnimAlarm or remote sensor in its original box or other well-protected box, as outlined in the Return Shipping Instructions. Animaware Ltd will not be responsible for shipping damage/loss of any product outside the original 30-day Animaware Ltd-paid service period. It is very important that you write the RMA number clearly on the outside of the package. Ship the computer with a copy of your bill of sale or other proof of purchase, your name, address, phone number, description of the problem(s), and the RMA number you have obtained to:
Animaware Ltd Service Centre, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org for shipping details
Upon receiving the AnimAlarm, Animaware Ltd will repair or replace your AnimAlarm (at Animaware Ltd’s discretion) and will ship it back to you within 2 weeks (dependent on parts availability) via Royal Mail and/or your national postal service. Animaware Ltd will pay for shipping to and from the customer only within the first thirty days following the original product ship date. Following this 30-day period all shipping fees both for under warranty and post warranty repairs are the sole responsibility of the customer. The customer also assumes full liability for losses or damages resulting from shipping as well as all responsibility to pursue remuneration for such issues with their selected carrier.
After One-Year Warranty – Post Warranty Repair
For post warranty repair, the procedure is the same as outlined above for RMA and shipping. However, you are responsible for shipping charges both ways, current labour (£45/ US $72 per hour if not under warranty), and the current price of part(s) used in repair.
FOR TECHNICAL SERVICE INFO AND CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT CONTACT ANIMAWARE LTD:
Telephone UK: +44 (0)1452 702062 or USA: +1(240) 619-8012
Animaware Ltd accepts no liability for problems caused by after-market software or hardware modifications or additions. Animaware Ltd is not responsible for loss of data or time, even with hardware failure. This warranty is null and void if the defect or malfunction was due to damage resulting from operation not within manufacturer specifications. It will also be null and void if there are indications of misuse and/or abuse. Animaware Ltd has the option of voiding the warranty if anyone other than an Animaware Ltd technician attempts to service the product. Animaware Ltd will not warrant any problems arising from an act of God (lightening, flooding, storm, etc.), electrical spikes or surges, or problems arising out of hardware, software. AnimAlarm is not intended for use in or under water and terminal damage to the device may ensue if this warning is ignored. Under no circumstances will Animaware Ltd be responsible for any refund or remuneration exceeding the original purchase price of the product less any shipping fees. Animaware Ltd will not be held responsible for typographical errors on sales receipts, repair tickets, or on its website. Animaware Ltd makes every effort to make sure all information on our website is correct.